by Cecile Cinco
Are you using LPG (liquified petroleum gas)? I am. I guess most of us in the Philippines, do.
What advantages do I have using LPG?
- it’s fast (one-click fire)
- it’s cheaper than petrol (gaas) in terms of efficiency
- I don’t hurt any trees (compared to charcoal or firewood)
- my nose is clean (unlike firewood or charcoal)
- easy fire adjustment (unless your stove’s not working well)
- saves on electricity
- great for power outage emergency (instant light while looking for your candle)
What else? Please comment below if you have something in mind.
LPG used to be a lot cheaper. Those were the days. Now, it is as if every time I buy, I pay a higher price! My 11kg tank gets consumed in 1 1/2 to 2 months.
Good thing a party list is going to watch over the LPG industry. Liquified Petroleum Gas Marketer’s Association party list (LPGMA) will be #161 in your ballot sheet. It’s non-stock, non-profit organization representing the independent players. The party list will be our watchdog affecting so many Filipinos across the nation.
If LPG prices continue to hike, many most likely will resort to charcoal or firewood which implicates to denuded forests and black lungs due to the fumes. Food prices will go up as well, for those who continue using LPG (carinderia and restaurants and one’s own household kitchen). Budget will shrink…and nobody likes that!
You can also connect with LPGMA 161 on Twitter and LPGMA 161 on Facebook. Its president is Arnel Ty. Remember #161 on May 10, 2010. It’s a party list that directly affects my wallet, my family, my community, my country…and could well affect yours too.
Popularity: 8% [?]