Yesterday was the major day when we moved to another place. For the past week we have been looking for a place that fits the budget as well as the criteria we have set. Why we have set them, you will know.
First of all, the reason we had to move was because the owner is requesting that we do. Their son got married and is living with the in-laws. The place we are staying in is the only place they can offer their son. Besides, they did not like the new family to stay with them either, which is perfectly fine. It is better to be living with your own family only even if you have to live in a small space. At least for me, I love the privacy limited to my own family. Actually, even if I can afford it, I’d rather have a messy house than have a house help live with me.
So, what were our considerations?
1. It must be walkable to the place where hubby works. The old place is walking distance to his office. He got no problem when public vehicles strike for whatever reason. As long as he got his pair of feet and he’s not sick, he can work. That way too, he has more time to manage for something else than simply letting it drift away through routine travel/commute. Another advantage is having a daily exercise by walking 18 minutes to work and another 18 minutes going home. It surely saves money.
2. It should not be far from where our riding students are studying. If our students lost their money, they should be able to walk. From where we are now, the school is a good 2 kms away. It is quite far to regularly just walk everyday unless they are just on their way home, but if needed, they can walk. It saves on transportation expenses too.
3. It should not be in a flood-prone area. Having experienced Ondoy, we know how difficult it is when your house gets flooded.
4. Water and Electric meters should be our own. No sharing. (At least we have a submeter so we know how much we really consumed.)
5. The owner should be easy to deal with. Friendly. Otherwise, one delayed month can get us into so much trouble. Anything can happen, you know. You’ll never know when you need to request something.
6. It has to be within budget, of course. Going way beyond budget will only get you into trouble sooner than later.
7. The place should be livable, at least.
It was not easy to find what we found. Every time I went to look I always asked God to guide me. The places I’ve found were either too high or no longer available. I asked tricycle drivers if they know of any. The last time, the tricycle driver said there was one for pawning at Php10,000. In this place, that is normal. When I told hubby about it, he asked me to check it out. It was around 7pm. It was just 2 blocks away. When I reached the street and asked around, I was led to another place. A really good one. Way beyond expectation. It was really a blessing. It passed all 7 considerations. So since Friday we have been moving our stuff. Until now. Except during the Sabbath, of course. We still have until the 18th to stay in this old place. Since this is where I have internet, I come by, bring the laptop and connect.
Popularity: 1% [?]