by Cecile Cinco
It seems that more and more people are going the direction of being dangerously bad. It is already bad that they are hurting themselves. What is worse is they are affecting others. When that happens, more people get into that vengeance mood. Where does that leave the rest of us? We should be doing precautionary measures to minimize the damage, if not prevent it at all.
1. Pray for protection. If you do not believe there is a God who can protect if He wills, then all you can do will be limited to your own strength and power. For those who believe, this should be first and foremost, then do everything else in your power and strength. Don’t expect to get into danger then reason out that there is a God who will protect you anyway. While it rains both on the good and evil, He gives special favor/blessing to those who follow Him. Nobody is perfect but if you are in the direction of wanting to follow His ways, then you are in a better position to be granted protection.
2. Learn self defense. The street-smart kind like krav maga or aikido. I prefer krav maga although both can be used by weaklings and can win over perpetrators. Practice is also the key here. You just cannot learn and not practice. Make your defense moves instant and habitual. The first time I tried it with my 12-year old daughter, the learning stuck.
3. Get background checks. What happened before can be a reflection of the future. If that person is going to live with you because of her or his job as a stay-in help, the more you should be careful. Many thefts and murders were done by the people who were known to the victims because they live under the same roof.
4. Dress modestly. Especially for women, showing what should be covered can be a reason why a victim got raped. Some would wear mini skirts and pull down the hem often, or wear plunging necklines then cover when stooping. Why wear such when you cannot handle it?
5. Avoid dangerous spots. Do not be a temptation for others to make you their victim. The message that gets across is that you are not afraid of them (ie, gangs) so they have all the reason to instill in your mind that you should be afraid of them and avoid them. If it cannot be avoided like it is the only route towards a specific destination, go back to #1-4.
Popularity: 1% [?]