For most people, being a pessimist is bad. One of the advices I often see is not to hang out with one, or you will become one as well.
If pessimists need to change their outlook, how will they learn if no optimist will hang out with them? Without human intervention, only a miracle can change a pessimist.
The concern of this post, however, is what we can learn from pessimists. Many look down on them because all they see are the negatives that happen in every situation. They zap the energy of the optimists and in betweens. Hence, the idea to stay away from them.
So what lessons can we learn from pessimists apart from “do not be like the pessimists because they will drag you down”?
- The negative view gives balance to the optimist’s and over-optimist’s view. These type of people see the bright side always that they lose sight of the dangers that lurk around in reality. Scammers not only prey on the weak but also the optimists who do not see the bad intention. The pessimists always doubt.
- Pessimists are consistent that they get annoyingly successful in standing their ground to be negative. How about being consistent on the other side?
- Pessimists make optimists see the blessings more vividly, and thus, are more thankful and grateful of whatever life throws at them.
- Pessimists show the optimists what bad habits to change. Often, the optimists cannot see what is wrong with themselves. They need the pessimists to point those out.
- Pessimists allows the optimists to see reality.
We live in a world where everything’s mixed up and abruptly falling into degradation of sorts. It is a time when optimists are a treasure, but it is also a time to glean the good that can be learned from the very existence of the pessimists. Just don’t be like one. You do not have to experience the bad habit to know the dangers of it.
What do you think? Post your comments below. 🙂